NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-opening the Dixie Pig - Richmond Hwy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhgriffin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re-opening the Dixie Pig - Richmond Hwy Reply with quote

Hi...my name is Jackie Griffin, and our family is seriously considering re-opening the Dixie Pig. We're currently checking on locations, and checking demographics. On Christmas Eve, the entire Griffin clan gets together, and this year we are doing a Dixie Pig theme....we're making BBQ, slaw, hot sauce, banana pudding..etc., from Dixie Pig/my grandmother recipes (the same thing). We've located the original sign, and the Pig on top of the sign and have asked if the owners would be willing to sell them back to us. If not, it would not be much harder to re-create.

My reason for telling you this? Since this is now in the "serious" stage, I'm looking to see if there is any response from anyone out there who would like to see it re-open, and what they would like. You can email me at jhsable@aim.com with your comments and suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you!
-Jackie (Griffin) Sable Very Happy
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jackie! I would love to see it reopened! I can taste that banana pudding now! Have you found a spot yet?
mainstreetmarshall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one, will be standing in line on Day One to have some of that Dixie Pig Barbeque! Get er done!
TakeMeBack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-opening the Dixie Pig - Richmond Hwy Reply with quote

jhgriffin wrote:
Hi...my name is Jackie Griffin, and our family is seriously considering re-opening the Dixie Pig. We're currently checking on locations, and checking demographics. On Christmas Eve, the entire Griffin clan gets together, and this year we are doing a Dixie Pig theme....we're making BBQ, slaw, hot sauce, banana pudding..etc., from Dixie Pig/my grandmother recipes (the same thing). We've located the original sign, and the Pig on top of the sign and have asked if the owners would be willing to sell them back to us. If not, it would not be much harder to re-create.

My reason for telling you this? Since this is now in the "serious" stage, I'm looking to see if there is any response from anyone out there who would like to see it re-open, and what they would like. You can email me at jhsable@aim.com with your comments and suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you!

I would make the trip back for some of the best BBQ I've ever had!
ultraman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: dixie pig barbecue Reply with quote

Hello Jackie,
My name is darryl Foster i seen your post about the dixie pig .I grew up in alexandria and my mome and dad would always take us there.My mom would fly back to see my grandma and she would buy a gallon or two of the sauce (the hot one). We move to arizona. Did you ever open up a new dixie?Ther are post on how to make the sauce ,but my mom says there not the same. My mom has breast canser and i was looking to see if i could find you opened, I know she would be very happy. Let me know please. Darryl Foster
ourdefenders

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-opening the Dixie Pig - Richmond Hwy Reply with quote

jhgriffin wrote:

OMG, your post was from a couple of years ago, although I would love to hear that The Pig has reopened (what I wouldn't give for a minced BBQ sandwich with hot sauce and slaw), I no longer live in Virginia.

It may be a closely held family secret recipe but if you're willing to part with it, I would love to have the recipe for the minced pork, the hot sauce and the slaw that together made the best pork BBQ sandwich on planet earth.

Today's pulled pork is ok, if made correctly is super good eating, but that has BBQ sauce, not The Pig, no red BBQ sauce....I think your family followed something along the North Carolina version, not matter I used to live on those sandwiches.
Back-N-Tyme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Pig idea went bust
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> Places All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: